CBRE aspires to be a platform provider for commercial real estate that fulfills social responsibilities and contributes to the sustainable development of society by proactively addressing environmental and social issues through its business activities.
Key ESG Initiatives and Achievements
EnvironmentAt CBRE, we strive to reduce the environmental impact of our business activities. We also leverage our unique strengths and global network to support our customers in solving their environmental issues.
- Provide advisory services related to renewable energy, and support the establishment of environmentally-friendly buildings, facilities and office environments, for example through environmental certifications and energy conservation.
- Promote liquidity of renewable energy-related assets through investment advice for infrastructure funds, etc.
- Based on research and case studies of work styles and office environments that flexibly respond to changes in the social environment, publish reports and recommendations, implement best practices in our own offices. and provide advisory and support to other companies.
- CBRE K.K.'s Headquarters office received LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Gold certification in 2015
- Use of graywater system to reduce water consumption by approximately 40% compared to general corporate water use.
- Installation of daylight control system to standardize the level of natural lighting during the day.
- Recycling and utilization of more than 50% of construction waste materials.
- Use of environmentally-friendly paints for indoor painting.
- Reduce environmental impact by promoting use of environmentally-friendly materials for business tools and amenities, and by promoting the use of technology and paperless operations.
SocialCBRE respects the diversity of its employees and strives to create an inclusive workplace. We have implemented various initiatives to support diverse work styles that suit different career plans and life stages. We also leverage our experiences from over 100 countries in which the CBRE Group operates, to develop workplaces that consider the health and safety of employees, and to provide the know-how to our customers and the society.
- Proposal and introduction of workplaces that enable flexible work styles.
- Installation of cafe, shower room, mother's room, and health keeper room for the wellness of employees.
- Implementation of flextime and work-from-home policies.
- Promotion of childcare leave utilization, including use by male employees.
- Career declaration and internal transfer programs.
- Provision of self-development and training programs that can be utilized according to each employee's needs.
- Realization of equal-pay-for-equal-work to correct the unreasonable disparity between short-time workers and fixed-term employees, and regular employees.
- Provision of life-plan education to allow employees to plan their long-term career.
- Review of the re-employment system, and partial raising of the retirement age to ensure a longer working life.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion promotion activities, including mentoring programs and theme-based community activities through the Diversity & Inclusion Network.
- Support for an orphanage through the provision of scholarships, etc.
GovernanceAs the Japanese subsidiary of CBRE Group, listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), we are committed to fulfilling our corporate social responsibility, maintaining and enhancing our corporate value and social trust, and taking steps to ensure sound corporate management and avoid risks such as fraud.
- Dissemination and implementation of corporate ethics through the Standards of Business Conduct.
- Enhancement of the whistle-blowing system through the implementation of the Ethics Helpline.
- Strengthening anti-corruption measures.
- Appropriate management of transactions with conflicts of interest.
- Appropriate use and management of personal data.
- Strengthening education on prevention of harassment in the workplace.
- Conducting thorough investigations into suspected fraudulent, unethical, or illegal activities.
- Initiatives for appropriate risk management by the Internal Control Management Committee, etc.
Visit our global Corporate Responsibility page for more information on initiatives by the CBRE Group.