- We will thoroughly comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to privacy protection, including the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" of Japan.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means, specify the purposes for which we use the collected personal information, and appropriately handle the collected personal information within the scope of the purposes of use.
- We will maintain necessary and appropriate safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, or any other misuse or consequences of misuse, and to correct any misuse or consequences of misuse that may occur.
- We will appropriately respond to and act upon inquiries, opinions, and complaints expressed regarding our handling of personal information and our safeguards for protecting personal information.
- We will continuously review and endeavor to improve our management system, etc. for personal information protection.
Established on April 1, 2005
Amended on January 1, 2013
Amended on March 1, 2017
Amended on May 17, 2017
Amended on May 31, 2017
Amended on May 10, 2021
On the Handling of Personal Information
1. Purposes of use of personal information
We, CBRE K.K., will use the personal information of our customers, business partners or other third parties (collectively, "customers") when performing the businesses specified in Clause (1) below within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use listed in Clause (2) below: (*1)
(1) Our businesses
- Agency and brokerage services in the purchase, sale, and leasing of real estate,
- Agency and brokerage services in the purchase and sale of beneficial interests in trust and in the handling of private offerings,
- Investment management services,
- Investment advisory and agency services,
- Advisory services for investment in real estate,
- Real estate appraisal services, etc., (*2)
- Leasing, operation, and management of real estate (Property management services, etc.)
- Architectural design and construction supervisory services,
- Management consulting services concerning architectural design,
- Research and comprehensive consulting services on the real estate market,
- Consulting services on real estate strategy and investment,
- Planning, research, analysis, various consulting and information services concerning real estate,
- Management of operation of real estate related data base,
- Various real estate related administrative agency work (such as rent payment agency task),
- Tasks concerning referrals of moving related duties,
- Tasks related to facility management,
- Tasks related to project management,
- Sales and brokerage activities concerning office and telecommunication equipment and installment of telecommunication facilities,
- Various kinds of publication and advertisement agency services and sales promotion services,
- Planning and production of various types of printed matter, organization of seminars, and
- Any and all businesses incidental or related to any of the foregoing.
(2) Purposes of use
- To carry out various sales activities concerning our businesses by visiting customers, sending out direct mail and e-mail, making phone calls, etc. for CBRE Group's business,
- To exercise our rights and perform our obligations under contracts for transactions with customers, under laws, etc.,
- To manage ongoing transactions with customers by CBRE Group,
- To conduct market research, data analysis, customer trend analysis, and research and analysis on product development and sales methods, and to ask customers to respond to questionnaires, etc.,
- To verify customers' identities as required by laws, including the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds, or upon receiving inquiries from customers, and so on,
- To provide real estate information through publications, materials, e-mail magazines, etc. published by CBRE Group,
- To send or provide books, publications, materials, and other information customers request or demand,
- For recruiting activities,
- To reply to other requests and inquiries,
- To publish articles and advertisements on and for real estate on our website, publications, etc.,
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations,
- To contact our customers in times of necessity,
- For group governance including business management within CBRE Group, and
- To provide personal information to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes specified in any of the foregoing.
*2 For details on the purposes of use of personal information in the real estate appraisal services, etc. by us, refer to "On the Purposes of Use and Joint Use of Personal Information Obtained in the Course of Real Estate Appraisal Services, etc."
2. Disclosure to third parties
An individual's personal information we obtain may be provided to a third party (to the extent permitted by applicable laws and rules, if the third party is in a foreign country) if such provision to a third party:
- Is approved by the individual in question,
- Is performed in accordance with applicable laws or regulations,
- Is necessary for protecting the lives, bodily safety, or property of other persons, in cases where it is difficult to obtain the consent of the said individual,
- Is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, in cases where it is difficult to obtain consent of the said individual, or
- Is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or a person entrusted by a state organ or local government in the execution of procedures prescribed by laws or regulations, in cases where obtaining the consent of the said individual is likely to impede the execution of the procedures concerned.
3. Joint use of personal information
Personal information possessed by us may be used jointly between our group companies in accordance with the following (to the extent permitted by applicable laws and rules, if the group company is in a foreign country):
- Scope of joint users
Other companies owned directly or indirectly by CBRE Group, Inc.
- Items of personal information for joint use
Name of the corporation and department to which the said individual belongs, his/her title, name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Purposes of use
As specified above in Clause (1) "Purposes of use of personal information."
4. Contact for inquiries concerning our handling of personal information and the safeguards we use to protect personal information or for a request to stop providing a third party with your personal information
We will promptly respond to your request for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc. of your personal information and stop providing a third party with your personal information. Should you have any inquiry, opinion, or complaint concerning our handling of personal information or the safeguards we use to protect personal information, or wish to stop the provision of your personal information to a third party, please contact us at the e-mail address below.
We will reply to you by e-mail or in writing in due course. Please note that we will request you to submit documents to verify your identity. For requests to disclose or notify the purposes of use of your information, there will also be an associated fee (800 JPY per request, excluding consumption tax). Furthermore, we may request you to visit us to verify your identity in some cases, depending on the nature of your inquiry, opinion, or complaint.
E-mail: [email protected]
Attention: Personal Information Officer
Additional Notes on the Use of this Website